Wednesday, September 9, 2009

RAIN STORM 9" x 9" OIL
7:30am -- LIQUID GLASS. The only ripple is the one made as my kayak breaks through the surface of the water. The calm before the storm, which is building to the west and south. Could it really mean rain. I hope so, for many reasons. One of them is that being on the river during the rain is so magical. The sounds of the droplets hitting the water. The little circles each makes. The rustling sound in the tree tops as the rain makes it way through the leaves. I have the lake pretty much to myself. I guess everyone else checked the weather first. The swan family is out though, mom, dad and two not-so-little little ones. I'm wondering if maybe these are the two I saw just after hatching last spring. What a thrill! I'll tell about that another time. The fish are jumping like crazy and I am enjoying the comfort the rain brings as it washes away the cares of a hectic world.